The company was founded by Stuart Logan. Their target customers are individuals or businesses of any size in need of finding creative professionals to complete projects.
A lot of businesses can’t justify employing a full-time graphic designer or video editor when they don’t have consistent work. Twine gives them the opportunity to only pay for the tasks they need to be completed, without the other overheads that come with hiring staff.
With a network of more than 270,000 freelancers, there’s a good chance you’ll find a freelancer with the skills you require.
You can either post a job and look through the bids that come in, or browse freelancer profiles to look for someone to hire.
There are no upfront costs, and you don’t hand over payment until you’re happy with the work. Twine offers a low-risk, fast solution to finding skilled freelancers to carry out creative projects.
How Twine Works
When using Twine’s online platform, there are four steps involved from posting a job to receiving the completed work as follows:
- Answer a few questions about your business and post your job brief for free. One of Twine’s team members will help you put together your brief if you want some help with this step.
- Twine’s team will handpick some freelancers they feel are best suited to carry out your tasks. You can pick one of these candidates, or search their database of freelancers and invite other freelancers to pitch for your job.
- Agree on the terms of your project with the freelancer you’ve chosen. You can set a price and a deadline, then hand over a deposit. The funds are not released to the freelancer until you’re happy the work has been completed.
- Communicate with your freelancer through the Twine platform as you work through the project.
Twine Intro Video
Twine group their freelancers into the following categories:
- Graphic Design – Logo design, branding, blog graphics, illustrations, and more.
- Video and Animation – Video editing, animations, cartoon work, photographers, and more.
- Music – Music producers, vocalists, film composers, singers, mixing engineers, and more.
- App and Web Development – Programmers, game developers, UX designers, web developers, and more.
Plans and Pricing
It’s free to post a job on Twine, as well as using the platform to find and connect with freelancers.
Twine makes their money by taking 20% commission from the total project payment. This comes off the payment going to the freelancer, so no added costs to you, the client.
If you choose a “dayrate hire,” the fee is 10%.
You set your own hourly rates or fixed price depending on the experience and skillset of the freelancer you want.
To give you an idea of how much a job will cost you, Twine provided the following ranges you’d expect to pay for 7-8 hours of work:
- Graphic designer – $150-$750
- Web developer – $200-$1,000
- Illustrator – $150-$1,000
- Music producer – $150-$500
- Digital marketer – $150-$750
With Fiverr, you’ll have to do a little more vetting of your own, but you’ll likely get a lower price than Twine.